Monday, February 14, 2011

The Daily Word - LOVE - Monday, February 14, 2011

The Daily Word - LOVE - Monday, February 14, 2011: "







I freely express love and compassion.

The story of St. Valentine performing marriage ceremonies, even when it was forbidden by the authorities, is a reminder to me: We are called to express the love of God in this world regardless of appearances. We are called to be God's love in action.

This Valentine's Day, whether I make plans with my sweetheart, reminisce with a lifelong friend, or encourage someone through a difficult time, I bring the love of God to life through my thoughts, words and actions.

The love I express is reflected back to me in great measure. Expressing empathy, listening deeply to another, being compassionate--these acts invite love to grow. I am God's love in action.

God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit.--Romans 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment