Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Daily Word - PROTECTION - Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Daily Word - PROTECTION - Thursday, February 10, 2011:

I rest under the cover of divine protection.

A small child sleeps well under the cover of a favorite blanket. In a similar way, I rest in the awareness that God has got me covered. Trusting that God in me is greater than the world around me, I enfold myself in thoughts of God's continual presence.

I claim divine protection from my own fearful thoughts, setting them aside the moment they reach my awareness. Moment by moment, tensions melt away. Feelings of calm and comfort flow through my heart, and a gentle song of joy rises up within me. In the early morning, throughout the day, and as I prepare for sleep, my thoughts stay on God. With deepest gratitude, I rest under the cover of divine protection.

But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy.--Psalm 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment