Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Daily Word -SERENITY - Friday, December 24, 2010

The Daily Word -SERENITY - Friday, December 24, 2010: "

In the sacred silence I find peace.

The Gospel of Luke tells the story of the baby Jesus, born and laid in a lowly manger. The stars stood still over the spot; a holy hush filled the air. At the moment of birth, the manger became a sacred place.
There is a sacred place within me that I discover whenever I behold the Christ of my being. I am made new each time I enter into the wonder of my creation as a beloved child of God. My thoughts are still and a sacred silence fills me. I am enfolded in the enduring love of the Creator. I am at peace.
I may enter my sacred place when I am alone or with dear ones. I may carry my sacred place to a quiet room or to a candlelit church. In the sacred silence, I find peace.
This will be a sign for you: you will find a child wrapped in bands of cloth and lying in a manger.--Luke 2:12

No comments:

Post a Comment