Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Daily Word - SIMPLE BLESSING - Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Daily Word - SIMPLE BLESSING - Wednesday, December 15, 2010: "





I give from the heart.

One of the most touching stories of the Christmas season is that of the 'Little Drummer Boy.' It is a reminder of the simple act of giving. In this story, the young boy gives of himself and his talent--he plays his drum for the baby Jesus. He shares all he has in a simple way and with a sharing spirit from the heart.

The simple things in life are often the most meaningful. Like the little drummer boy who gave of himself so beautifully, I can give of myself to others.

My gift need not be elaborate, but it is heart-centered and freely given. I offer the gift of my time, attention and talents--whatever they may be. As I do, a simple blessing is given and received.

For the measure you give will be the measure you get back.--Luke 6:38

No comments:

Post a Comment