Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Daily Word - COMFORT - Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Daily Word - COMFORT - Thursday, January 27, 2011:

I am comforted by the awareness of God's presence.

Like the comfort I feel from the warmth of a fire on a cold winter day, I feel comfort in allowing the peace and love of God to calm and comfort me. There is but one Presence, one Power and one Love. And that love lives in me. Life situations are temporary. The love of God is eternal.

I see the love of God revealed in myriad ways. I see it in nature as earth recovers and regenerates after a natural disaster. I find it revealed through the inspiration of sacred writings, poetry and song. I witness it in everyday acts of kindness and compassion.

No matter what I may be facing today, I am forever sustained by the love of God.

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil; for you are with me.--Psalm 23:4

No comments:

Post a Comment